Doctor insights on:
Baby's Normal Body Temperature
Is it safe to give an 8 month old baby Infant Tylenol every day during teething to help with teething pain & discomfort? Baby's weight is 18 lbs.
My son is 5 weeks old i want to know what it the normal body temperature for babies and how will i know if he has a fever?. What will the temp be?
98.8 Degrees F: 98.8 degrees fahrenheit (or 37 degrees celsius) is the "textbook" normal temperature. However, individuals can have slightly lower or higher normal temperatures. Also, our body temperature naturally fluctuates throughout a 24-hour period (circadian rhythm). ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Yes: There is no single temperature reading that is “normal” for all patients, although many consider an oral temperature of 98.6° F (37° C) the norm. Age, exercise, hormones, stress, environmental temperature, time of day, body site, and medications can all influence body temperature. In general, an oral body-temperature range of 96.4° F to 99.1° F (35.8° C to 37.3° C) is acceptable. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Fever: 100.4 F is considered a fever for everyone. We all have a slight variation from 98.6 F which is a statistically derived normal temperature. By convention 100.4 F is deemed an abnormal temperature or a fever. We do not adjust that definition for individuals. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
My core body temperature (taken orally) has ranged from 97.0 to 98.0. Is this normal? I used to always be 98.6 when yonger. 27 now.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a normal body temperature for a baby?
- Whats the normal body temperature for a baby
- Normal body temperature for a newborn baby
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Normal body temperature for 1 year old
- Normal body temperature for 3 year old
- Below normal body temperature and swollen lymph nodes
- Normal body temperature for a 2 year old
- What is a child's normal body temperature?