Doctor insights on:
Baby's Normal Body Temperature
My son is 5 weeks old i want to know what it the normal body temperature for babies and how will i know if he has a fever?. What will the temp be?
98.8 Degrees F: 98.8 degrees fahrenheit (or 37 degrees celsius) is the "textbook" normal temperature. However, individuals can have slightly lower or higher normal temperatures. Also, our body temperature naturally fluctuates throughout a 24-hour period (circadian rhythm). ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Yes: There is no single temperature reading that is “normal” for all patients, although many consider an oral temperature of 98.6° F (37° C) the norm. Age, exercise, hormones, stress, environmental temperature, time of day, body site, and medications can all influence body temperature. In general, an oral body-temperature range of 96.4° F to 99.1° F (35.8° C to 37.3° C) is acceptable. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Fever: 100.4 F is considered a fever for everyone. We all have a slight variation from 98.6 F which is a statistically derived normal temperature. By convention 100.4 F is deemed an abnormal temperature or a fever. We do not adjust that definition for individuals. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
My core body temperature (taken orally) has ranged from 97.0 to 98.0. Is this normal? I used to always be 98.6 when yonger. 27 now.
LOW BODY TEMPERATURE: You did not say how low is your temp'even though 98.4 is cosidered normal bp.But some people have 1 to 1.5 degree lower than that as their normal temp and they feel fine without any symptoms and do not feel cold.Your body is used to this temp and you feel normal. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a normal body temperature for a baby?
- Whats the normal body temperature for a baby
- Normal body temperature for a newborn baby
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Normal body temperature for 1 year old
- Normal body temperature for 3 year old
- Below normal body temperature and swollen lymph nodes
- Normal body temperature for a 2 year old
- What is a child's normal body temperature?