Doctor insights on:
Baby Red Itchy Eyes
My 8 month old baby has had red itchy eyes for a week now but no gunk. Is it just allergies? If so how do I find out what's causing it?
M.D. visit: If your baby has a blotchy rash that looks like hives this is also consistent with an allergic reaction. Red eyes may be caused by many conditions I would suggest gently rinsing the eyes with sterile saline to soothe the eye, and avoid any possible triggering agent such as dust. A visit with you doctor is suggested. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Allergic reaction: You could have an allergic response to something, whether food, lotions, medications or other. You can trial Benadryl and topical eye drops such as zaditor. You could also have dry skin i suppose too.If you don't respond or get worse, you may need to see a physician who may prescribe oral steroids. Additionally, an exam of your type of skin reaction can lead to clues to the diagnosis. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Allergy Likely: These symptoms are typical from allergic responses. Commonly, these could be from either environmental/seasonal allergy or a contact dermatitis type response (surface flare or inflammation due to coming in direct contact with something you are sensitive to). If basic allergy medications or eye drops do not give adequate relief, see your primary doctor or an allergist or ophthalmologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is my babys eyes itchy and red?
- The skin around my eyes is red swollen and itchy
- Red itchy swollen under eyes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When my baby rub her eyes in they are red around it what does that mean
- Itchy red patches on the cheeks and puffy itchy eyes
- When i drink dry red wine my eyes are itchy how come
- Itchy eyes but not red
- Talk to a dermatologist online