Doctor insights on:
Baby Has Green Poop What Does It Mean
Nothing special: The greenish color in stool is the breakdown product of the bile when it has not been in the gut long enough to go through a change to yellowish or brown. It is normal as is the loose or mucousy consistency. The germs in the gut will also impact the final product. I'd just monitor the issue and discuss your concerns with the doc at the next regular visit. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My baby is three months old and she poops green. Sometimes it gets worse than others what could it be?
My 3 months old baby having a dark green poops for almost 2 months, now his having a dark gray sticky poops.I'm not changing his formula since then.
Normal variation: The main agent adding color to the poo is the material made by the liver called bile. It starts out a dark green and goes thru the yellows to brown depending on the influences of various factors in the intestines. Rapid transit thru the system, as may occur with diarrhea or breast feeding may have a greenish yellow or yellow appearance. The slower, more likely browner. ...Read more
Probably because he: Ingested something long & green that couldn't be absorbed, either a food or a non-food item. ...Read more
Possibly an allergy: Stools can be many different colors (yellow, brown and green) and can also be different consistencies. Occasionally, infant stools can also contain mucous. If your baby is happy, gaining weight and the stool does not have blood in it, it is probably normal. If not, it might mean that your baby has an allergy to something he/she is eating (usually cow's milk or soy protein). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My baby is 10 months and doing avocado like green poop continuously for about 2 months now. They are very sticky and smelly. She eats very little too.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean if my baby has bright green vomit?
- What does it mean when a child has green poop?
- What does it mean if my baby has green diarrhea?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean if a baby has mucous in there poop?
- What does it mean if my 2 year old has mucos in his poop?
- What does it mean when i child has mucous in poop?
- What does it mean when your poop is green color?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online