Doctor insights on:
Average Duration Of Common Cold
Colds arn't cured: The average common cold last 10 days measures such as increasing fluids getting appropriate rest blowing your nose sucking on candy using a humidifier can help make you more comfortable. If the symptoms really interfere with eating sleeping normal activity saline washes or otc decongestant sprays/tabs/or syrups can provide short term relief. ...Read more
7-14 days: While a common cold cannot be "cured", it will run its course within 7 to 14 days. Antibiotics are not helpful for the common cold but there are a few supplements that have been shown to increase your body's immune response to the virus, including zinc, vitamin c, and echinacea. ...Read more
Let's say I just caught a common cold. What can I expect, and for how long? When will I stop being contagious?
Common cold: The common cold is caused by over 200 different viruses and is the commonest infection in the world. Symptoms vary: runny nose, congestion, cough, sore throat, headache and general malaise. The infection can come on 2-3 days after exposure (incubation period) and last anywhere from 4 to 14 days. You are infectious as long as you are shedding the virus secretions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Average length of common cold
- What type of pathogen causes the common cold?
- Can shaky hands be a symptom of a common sickness like the flu or colds?
- Stages of a common cold
- Progression of common cold
- Timeline of the common cold
- Phases of the common cold
- What is the normal average duration of a bowel movement?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free