Doctor insights on:
Autoimmune Disorders Swollen Lip
The immune system developed to tell our own, normal cells (self) from foreign and abnormal cells (non-self). This lets the immune system eliminate viruses, bacteria, fungi and cancer cells from our body without harming normal cells. Sometimes the immune system fails to tell self from non-self and it attacks normal cells, for example in ...Read more
From what?: If it's swollen from trauma, use ice pack first 24 hours on and off every 15 minutes. Then it's just a waiting game until it goes away. If of unknown origin, you need to see a dentist as soon as possible as it is likely an infection that would require immediate treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
10 days: Assuming the fat lip is from trauma, 10 day is above average for the swelling to go down. It may take a bit longer for bruising to resolve. ...Read more
Icing regimen: Icing will help for the first 48 hours after injury. Try to ice at least 10 minutes each hour. If you can, 10 minutes on, 10 minutes off is an ideal schedule while you are awake. Try using bags of frozen peas or corn (left in the original packaging). They conform well the body and can be reused. Just don't try to eat them after they have been thawed and frozen a few times! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Autoimmune diseases swollen lip
- Why does under my right vagina lip appear swollen and red and hurts a little?
- Lips swollen after kissing
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My vagina lip is swollen
- How long does a swollen lip last?
- How do you treat swollen lips due to an allergic reaction?
- Itchy swollen vagina lips
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free