Doctor insights on:
Augmentin And Pregnancy
Augmentin is a combination antibiotic, specifically a mix of Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. Amoxicillin, as you might guess, is in the penicillin family. Clavulanic acid is a medication that works by inhibiting an enzyme called "penicillinase" or "beta-lactamase" that some bacteria produce that destroys penicillin-related drugs. So, clavulonic acid makes Amoxicillin work ...Read more
Does matitis (treated by augmentin) can hurt the reliability of pregnancy blood test (hcgb results (>1000))?
Medication SE?: Nope. There should be no interference with this test. ...Read more
I am taking augmentin 625mg from last sunday, i missed my periods and also have many symptoms of pregnancy. Is this symptoms because of augmentin.
Minastrin 24 and Augmentin 875 will i still be protected with my birth control seeing it is a combination bill i am a little nervous about pregnancy?
Possibly: There is some suggestion that amoxicillin can decrease the effect of the ethinyl estradiol component of minastrin. But overall there is limited data to suggest any significant contraception compromise. In the end, you'll still be best served by using a second form of birth control like condoms while using the two medications together. Best of luck. ...Read more
Too much gastric and also nausea, tiredness, headache, missed periods, back ache is the symptom of pregnency or effect of augmentin 625 mg?Im confused
Go back to doctor: If you are uncertain what your symptoms are being caused by, and are not feeling better, then you should definitely go back and be re-examined and discuss this at length with the doctor treating you. If you don't get a satisfactory response, then go and get a second opinion. ...Read more
I finished taking augmentin last fri. My period was due wednesday but hasn't come yet. I'm just wondering should I test o is it the tablets?
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Signs and symptoms of pregnancy while on depo-provera
- Did you have implantation bleeding and a negative pregnancy test
- Pregnancy after uterine ablation and tubal ligation
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do you hurt in the lower back and hip in early signs of pregnancy?
- How can you tell the difference between an ovarian cyst and ectopic pregnancy?
- Is your cervix low and open in the early stages of pregnancy?
- Missed period fatigue and negative pregnancy test
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online