Doctor insights on:
Atypical Pneumonia Antibody Panel
Have atypical pneumonia. Shortness of breadth is prominent though fever is in control. Treatment ongoing with antibiotics. Is it a cause for concern?
Maybe.: Some SOB may be expected, but worsening SOB despite treatment is not expected and should prompt a review by your physician. You should call them and make sure that you are OK. ...Read more
Atypical pneumonia is so called because the causative organisms are not the usual ones associated with most cases of pneumonia. Besides mycoplasma, chlamydia & legionella, many viruses, fungi & protozoa can cause atypical pneumonia as well. Symptoms & signs can be atypical - dry cough, minimal or no fever, absence of lobar consolidation or leucocytosis etc. ...Read more
Yes: Treatment is curative though.Get a more detailed answer ›
You can: All types of pneumonias may have crackles in the bases of lung affected. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Atypical pneumonia dna panel
- Atypical pneumonia dna panel qualitative real time pcr
- What are atypical antibodies?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Atypical antibody screen
- Atypical antibodies in pregnancy
- Atypical blood group antibodies
- What is atypical antibodies?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free