Doctor insights on:
Ativan And Pregnancy
Carefully: Ativan is a valium derivative that is used for anxiety, tension, and for seizures. The side effect is sleepiness. Low doses are usually well tolerated and will relax you and allow usual function. Higher doses will put you to sleep. Understand why you are using it. Balance the benefit to the side effects. ...Read more
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Will taking ativan before knowing/confirming pregnancy (ex: taking ativan 1st few weeks) harm the development of the baby?
Teratogenicity: Ativan has psychogenic effect even in a developing fetus. Its accidental use early in pregnancy has not been fully elucidated as yet. There were studies that correlated its teratogenicity with craniofacial and nerve migration and formation but these are more in the 2nd trimester. Talk to your ob-gyn, they may have more info. Good luck. I'm sure you'll both be fine. ...Read more
My girlfriend is pregnant and addicted to ativan.I've read a lot about sideeffects while taking this during pregnancy. How can she get off this?
Ativan; pregnant: 1st trimester usually most serious for fetal damage from drugs. See OB for monitoring fetus. Have prescribing doc change to Buspar (category b compared with ativan's category d) or undertake rapid withdrawal from ativan. Use meditation, exercise, yoga, tai chi, biofeedback for anxiety. ...Read more
No: Taking this small dose of Ativan on the day of ovulation would not affect the egg, and therefore would have no effect on a baby that develops from that egg. It's best to avoid Ativan when pregnant, though. If you are pregnant, talk to your doctor about what medicines, of any, you should take during pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How long after you stop taking ativan is it ok to try to conceive a baby with out it harming the fetus?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Signs and symptoms of pregnancy while on depo-provera
- Did you have implantation bleeding and a negative pregnancy test
- Pregnancy after uterine ablation and tubal ligation
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take percocet and ativan at the same time?
- Do you hurt in the lower back and hip in early signs of pregnancy?
- How can you tell the difference between an ovarian cyst and ectopic pregnancy?
- Is your cervix low and open in the early stages of pregnancy?
- Talk to a neurologist online