Doctor insights on:
Ate Dishwasher Pod
Had red wine, salty almonds, brushed teeth, hot tap water tasted salty.Hubby only had wine, said hot water is normal.Did almond made this weird taste? Cold tap tasted normal.We don't use water softener
Accidentally ate past dated salad dressing (oil, vinegar, Parmesan) expired June 24 2014..is it still good? It smells good
Expired food: I would not eat any more of it but you will most likely be ok. ...Read more
Ate chicken soup w carrots, celery, potato & rice. 5 min in, my mouth & tongue went numb. Allergy?
Possibly,: was it homemade or commercially processed? Many commercially processed soups contain preservatives and flavoring/coloring agents which you may be sensitive to but not a true allergy. Do some dective work, read the labels carefully and try a good homemade organic recipe. ...Read more
Opened coconut milk Mon, refrigerated, thn accidently put in cupboard. 'Refrigerate Consume within 5 dys' Boiled Sun. Food poisoning type time 2 occr?
It is not worth the: chance for a $3.00 can of coconut milk. Throw it away! ...Read more
My husband ate mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits , fried chicken.Then ate 2 Special K bars. Blood glucose after 3 hours 170. Is that normal?
How long does salmonella live on a roll of foil? Baked chicken last week, touched foil, using same roll of foil today to bake cinnamon rolls.
Salmonella: These germs can survive for weeks on surfaces if you read the text books. From what you describe however, there was no evidence that the raw chicken had Salmonella to begin with, and the nature of the contact seems sketchy as well. The good news is that ordinary stomach acid kills most 'exposures' to Salmonella (as does cooking!). If you have further concerns, talk to a doc about it. ...Read more
My hand was wet with some Dawn antibacterial dishwashing liquid.Touched some food.Can that food with dishwas. liquid harm my stomache&body?Poisoning?
3 months pregnantusedlysol cleaning wipe, opened milk carton before hands washed. Residue from wipe maybe on carton i drank from. Should i be concerned?
Only enough to learn: How awful it tastes! in small amounts it is not poisonous even to infants/toddlers, so you probably are okay. It's unlikely that your being pregnant changes that - but you can call poison control to be sure. Although we all do it from time to time, the bigger risk could be drinking from a milk carton. It's a place that bacteria might be quite happy and also a way to share germs with other folk. ...Read more
Ate half big bag sour creme n onion chips 2l sprite handful goldish n angel hair pasta fine til ate pasta 5m later guts pains diahreah stomach gurglin freq stomach aches when eat other stuff to?
Was my lunch ok for weight loss or did i screw up?I'm 18 male 5'9 170. One piece whole grain bread, slice onion, slice tomato, 1 avacodo, handful almonds
OK: One meal isn't going to make or break your program- the best way to lose weight is permanent changes in how you eat. Slow ; steady is the way to go. Hard to evaluate your lunch without knowing the rest of your diet but it looks ok. Eat mostly fruits, veggies, nuts ; seeds ; you'll lose weight. I'd have much more tomato/onion that a slice. Whole grains ok in moderation. See http://bit.Ly/1dhw9ht. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
18w preg. & cooked pasta earlier,put pasta in plastic strainer & then back in the pot, strainer melted quite a bit, still ate pasta, did i hurt baby?
No: We live in a toxic world, so eating a meal out of a heat-deformed plastic container (such as microwaving a container of food) does not add a noticeable amount of toxins to the amount of toxins we experience on a normal daily basis. That being said, still try to avoid getting extra toxins. ...Read more
A toner made from Apple cider vinegar,glycerin, rose water, green tea got into my eye.stung lI'l.I washed eye with water.is there anything to do now??
No: That is enough. Make sure you washed eyes a few times ...Read more
When could i eat meat, toast, bread & corn flake with dried fruits, rice etc after wisdom teeth sugery?
Hi. didn't eat much earlier , only fajita salad , then later applesauce & pineapples then had lemon & acv water. Upper prt of stomach burns ..ideas?
It sounds like: you put a number of things in your stomach that could have the potential to be irritating, possibly more so in combination!Often fajitas are spicy with onions and peppers, let alone the meat. Pineapple, lemon .. your stomach likely has secreted more acid resulting in the burning sensation you feel. Eat blander food for a day or two, consider an OTC antacid.It should resolve quickly.If not, see doc ...Read more
Accidentally touch toilet water wif bare hands.Wash wif soap,30min later wash 2 times wif water.2hrs later wash wif soap,took off lens.Eye Infections?
Cleaned flat stove top off with lysol wipe after spilling juice of raw meat. Cooked on it and forgot to wash lysol off. Could smell. Will fumes hurt?
No: at that small amount of exposure I would not be concerned especially if cooking in kitchen and not in any enclosed space. If any eye, nose, throat, chest irritation that does not resolve in 1-2 hours or gets worse, see your doctor. Hope this was helpful. Best of luck. Dr. R ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer