Doctor insights on:
At What Temperature Do Third Degree Burns Occur
It varies a lot: This depends on the source of the heat, temperature and duration of contact. One reference quotes the following: hot water causes third degree burns… …in 1 second at 156º …in 2 seconds at 149º …in 5 seconds at 140º …in 15 seconds at 133º the very young and elderly are more suceptable. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
144 degrees: The break point is 144 degrees f, below that for about 10 degrees there can be reddening but no damage. Above 144, depending upon the part of the body (for instance skin on the inner thigh is more vulnerable), and the length of exposure, there will be more damage. There is no breakpoint temperature for 2nd to 3rd, just a matter of time. ...Read more
3rd burn appearance: Possible but best to see a doctor to determine exactly the degree of burn.. ...Read more
If you truly have...: A 3rd-degree, or full-thickness, burn, unless it is very small or narrow and can heal in from the sides, it will need to be skin grafted to fully heal it. Partial-thickness (i.e., 2nd-degree) burns will heal in 1 to 3 weeks. If your wound is not fully healed after 3 weeks, you should see a general, plastic, or burn surgeon. ...Read more
ER/burn center!: 3rd degree burns are not to be trifled with. This is by definition full thickness skin loss that left untreated can lead to infection, damage to underlying structures (such as tendons$, loss of function from scar contractures, and even death depending on the size. If you have a 3rd degree burn really of any size you should be seen by a health professional with significant burn experience. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do with 2nd degree burns?
- What exercise routine can i do at home that burns the most calories?
- At what age do men stop growing
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- At what age do males normally have their growth spurt
- At what age do you reach your permanent height
- My hands get stiff at night what can i do
- At what bone age do epiphyseal plates close for males
- Do third degree burns blister?