Doctor insights on:
At What Stage Are Teratogens The Most Dangerous During Pregnancy
1st trimester: Teratogens are always bad, no matter what trimester. But 1st trimester is where all critical developments are happening. Imagine a new house being built. 1st trimester is the foundation, which damaged means no house :(. ...Read more
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Organ formation: Starts at 3-8 weeks after conception. Each organ has a a critical period;e.g., heart 3-4 weeks, brain 3 weeks-delivery. In general, the first trimester is the most vulnerable time. Exposure to alcohol, tobacco, drugs ; medications, low folate levels, maternal diabetes, infections, chemicals, ; hyperthermia are some teratogens that can cause harm before a woman knows she's pregnant. ...Read more
During the first: Trimester the baby is undergoing a great deal of development and is particularly vulnerable to teratogens. ...Read more
Foods: Anything you are allergic to of course, but most foods are relatively safe. The main thing is to stay aware from raw or improperly cooked food, improperly washed items and restrict your intake of high mercury containing fish (list of these available online). Look online for a healthy pregnancy diet to make good choices. ...Read more
Yes!: If you're using Cocaine while you're pregnant, then so is your baby. That means that the first thing your baby experiences after they are born is drug withdrawal. Not the best way to start off life. Besides that, your baby will likely be born smaller-than-normal and is more likely to have lots of health and behavioral problems later in life. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It could be if: You are thrown from a horse.Get a more detailed answer ›
Uncertain: That depends on what the medication was. I would discuss this with your obstetrician. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the chances of pregnancy after myomectomy at 47?
- What are the risks of smoking cigarettes during second trimester of pregnancy?
- What are the benefits of tender coconut water during pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the warning signs i should look for during the last weeks of pregnancy?
- What are the health benefits of red meat during pregnancy?
- What are the effects of birth control pills taken during pregnancy?
- What are the effects of ibuprofen during pregnancy?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online