Doctor insights on:
At What Level Does Having A Lower O2 Saturation Become Possibly Harmful
82 yr old o2 saturation level was more than 95% on ventilater but after removeing ventilater her o2 saturation drop up to 30% will she recover?
Depends: The cause of desaturation is the main way to tell the prognosis. She is on a ventilator so she is sick. But what is the cause? It also depends on the length of time she has been ill, the degree of settings of the ventilator. It is difficult to make a prediction without these informations. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Would low O2 saturation levels at night below 90 for 2 to 3 hours with Cpap result from breast cancer radiation ? Normal lung function , chest X-ray
Yes: Everyone breathes differently ; those who are fit tend to have lower respirations. ...Read more
Yes, it can.: Yes, atrioventricular canal (av canal) defects can result in decresed oxygen saturation if there is a residual shunt (mixing of blue and pink blood) which can happen in presence of elevated pressures in the lung (pulmonary hypertension). Decresed oxygen saturation can also result from lung disease and other conditions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
O2 saturation 0.93 mol, pc02 5.6 kpa, po2 8.8 kpa, std bicarb 24.0 mmol/l are these normal results? If no what can cause this?
It depends: We use lab test to help characterize the underlying condition, and to try to determine what to do next. When they are presented in the absence of the clinical situation, we can't make any conclusions one way or another. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a low iron saturation level mean?
- What diet should i have with low iron saturation levels?
- What does it mean when my iron saturation levels are low?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean to have low potassium levels?
- What effect does dieting have on the leptin levels?
- What does it mean to have high potassium levels?
- What does it mean to have high hemoglobin levels?
- At what level of o2 is it important for me to go to the hospital if i have copd