Doctor insights on:
At What Creatinine Level Is Dialysis Needed
Simple answer is that it is a medical technology used primarily to provide an artificial replacement for lost kidney function in people with renal failure. Hemodialysis remove wastes and excess water from the blood by circulating blood outside the body through an external filter, called a dialyzer. Blood and dialysate flow through in opposite directions and the ...Read more
See below: The serum creatinine level which requires dialysis is based on calculation of the gfr, as persons with different weight, sex and race may have have different GFR even with same serum creatinine.Generally speaking when GFR is below 10-15 and patients are symptomatic they need dialysis. Higher the creatinine , the lower the gfr. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes and know: What determines if dialysis is necessary is if all attempts to manage all of the things that go wrong when kidneys fail have been tried and failed. Usually this happens when the creatine levels reaches 10, but I have seen levels higher than 10 before dialysis became necessary. ...Read more
Several factors. : Simply put, creatinine is produced by muscles, enters blood and other body fluid spaces, and ultimately is removed by kidneys. Your cr level is dependent on all these things (how much your muscles release, how much any residual kidney function removes, and how much is "diluted" by excess body fluid). Dialysis removes cr, so generally the level has less clinical utility in dialysis patients. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it possible that dialysis patients stop their dialysis when the creatinine level became normal.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the creatinine level for dialysis?
- At what creatinine level is dialysis necessary
- What creatinine level requires dialysis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Creatinine level for dialysis treatment
- What creatinine level do you have to start dialysis?
- Bun and creatinine levels that indicate dialysis in children
- What is a healthy creatinine level?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free