Doctor insights on:
At What Age Should A Child Start To Take Over Their Own Insulin Shots
Is there a way that cord blood of a child can be used by the type 1 diabetic father to eliminate insulin shots?
No: That is not possible.Get a more detailed answer ›
Help! my husband does not think he needs to take his diabetic medicine if he is now taking insulin shots. Is this right?
Depends: He needs to follow the doctors orders, and if unsure he should ask the doctor to clarify sometimes it is necessary to take both. ...Read more
What can happen to someone with diabetes that takes insulin shots and never checks their blood sugar?
Complications: The risks of not checking: life-threateningly high/low blood sugar, progression of kidney failure until dialysis needed, progression of diabetic retinal disease (retinopathy) until blindness occurs, painful diabetic nerve disease (neuropathy). The benefits of not checking: fingers a bit less sore, i suppose, at least until neuropathy sets in. A shame to invite tragedy when it is so preventable. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Why do some diabetics take insulin shots and others take oral pills to take care of their diabetes?
Everyone is differen: Because everyone is different. Diabetes is a complicated disease with problem being both Insulin resistance and Insulin deficiency. Some patient have milder forms which can be controlled with pills whereas others are very resistant to Insulin or have absolute deficiency which requires Insulin to control. ...Read more
How do you control your blood sugars when everytime you take a shot of insulin you gain three to five pounds of water weight and start having a cough?
My 12 year old daughter is diagnosed with type1 diabetes. She takes regular insulin shots 20 + 25 unit daily. However hr sugar level is getting normal?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should it take for a cortisone shot in my hip to start working?
- At what age should you get a shingles shot
- At what age should my baby sit up on her own
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What precautions should i take when starting exercising when i am obese?
- What vitamins should children ages 15 to 19 take?
- What age can or should i start feeding my son baby cereal with a spoon?
- Talk to a pediatrician online