Doctor insights on:
At What Age Is A Person Susceptible For A Heart Attack
No: At that age hereditary factors play a big role. Father having a heart attack before 55, very high cholesterol. Will advice to work hard in improving the risk factor you can modify. Stop smoking, better diet, physician control exercise program, control diabetes, control your weight, stress reduction technique, control hypertension. See your physician. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes but unlikely.: Heart attacks almost always occur in middle age or older individuals. There are some exceptions when it can occur earlier. Certain congential disease of cholesterol, radiation treatment to the chest which injures the heart, certain drugs like Cocaine all can cause damage which results in heart attacks. The vast number ocurr in people at least 40 yr old and usually not till 50's or later. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Birth: Unusual but possible due to congenital anomaly. ...Read more
Yes: Anyone who has had a heart attack is at increased risk for another one, relative to someone who has never had a heart attack. Controlling blood pressure, cholesterol medications, blood thinners such as Aspirin are medications that can reduce the risk of future heart attack. A healthy diet and regular exercise (150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise) are also very important. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If you have a heart attack are you more susceptible to more heart attacks
- What age does heart attack occur?
- What age can you have a heart attack?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are heart attacks inevitable with age?
- Is it possible for a person having a heart attack and not know it?
- Can a person have a heart attack and an ekg not detect it?
- Reasons for heart attack at young age
- Talk to a cardiologist online