Doctor insights on:
At How Many Weeks Is It Safe To Have A Prenatal Massage
12 weeks: Most massage therapists won't touch a pregnant woman until after her first trimester because this is the riskiest time for miscarriage. Once you are passed week 12 you should no longer lie on your stomach unless your therapist has a pregnancy pillow or table. If you lie on your back you should have a small pillow or towel under your hip/back. No deep tissue massages. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
On the back: Is safe, but chair position safer.Get a more detailed answer ›
I'm 8 1/2 weeks pregnant. Is it safe to get a regular massage (not prenatal), or be on my belly while getting my back massaged? What areas should the therapist avoid?
Not recommended: the vagina has a microsystem full of microorganisms that maintain the pH and appropriate environment. The oils can disrupt the balance and cause infections. Best wishes Dr M ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many weeks abortion is safe?
- How many week can you have an abortion?
- How many weeks can u be to have an abortion?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many days after your period is it safe to have sex?
- How many concussions is safe?
- Up to how many weeks can u have an abortion
- How many weeks until you cant have an abortion?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free