Doctor insights on:
At Home Treatment For Pink Eye
Depends on cause: Classic pink eye is a viral illness with a time frame of 3-8 days in most cases for the virus to be conquered and the eye to normalize. The redness will drop and disappear within these time frames depending upon which virus is the cause. There are other causes for eye redness so check in with your ophthalmologist for the best solution. ...Read more
Visited our son who was on his 3rd day of treatment for pink eye, I developed it 7 days later, after a 2 day visit. Could I have gotten it from him?
"Pink : "pink eye" is a generic term used for viral infections of the eye. Typically it is self-limiting but highly contagious. In the most common presentation if left untreated it will resolve by itself. So as far as natural treatments for pink eye, i would only recommend artificial tears or saline solution to rinse or debulk the viral load. However, if the condition worsens then it is best to discontinue all drops and seek the advise of your doctor. You never want to miss a possible bacterial infection that would require antibiotics! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Yes, that is a common treatment.Get a more detailed answer ›
I've been using Erythromycin ophthalmic for the past 4 days as a treatment for pink eye. How long should I continue to use it? My doctor didn't say.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cure for pink eye at home
- Using erythromycin to treat pink eye
- Pink eye treatment for adults over-the-counter
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i treat pink eye at home?
- Is there an at home treatment for a fungal infection causing hair loss?
- How to cure pink eye at home fast?
- What is the best treatment for pink eye?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free