Doctor insights on:
Aspirin As Blood Thinner Dosage
Had stroke 2 yrs back.taking aspirin as blood thinner.nw suddn blood clots appear in body & wipe away.is aspirin responsible 4 it?shld stop taking it?
No: Most excedrin formulations contain 250 mg aspirin, with Acetaminophen and caffeine. Aspirin for prevention of cardiovascular events, is usually dosed at 81mg or 325 mg. The other ingredients are unnecessary and carry their own risks. Caffeine, in particular, may raise blood pressure. Aspirin has risks also. Make sure you really need it by discussing the risks and benefits with your doctor. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
What blood thinner can I take after my carotid surgery if stomach ulcers make it impossible for me to take aspirin?
It depends: Generally Aspirin is still safe in those with a history ulcers so long as acid medications such as omeprazole, nexium, protonix, prevacid, etc are taken along with it to prevent recurrence. You should have taken a similar medication to heal the ulcer. If you are allergic to Aspirin or intolerant for some other reason a medication such as Plavix may be reasonable. Discuss with your doctor. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alternative to aspirin as blood thinner
- Fish oil vs aspirin as a blood thinner
- Is excedrin as good a blood thinner as aspirin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Aspirin blood thinner dosage
- Aspirin as a blood thinner
- Valerian root and chamomile as blood thinner
- Is aleve a blood thinner like aspirin?
- Talk to a cardiologist online