Doctor insights on:
Aspirin And Foot Swelling
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Depends on the cause: Swelling can be caused by many things (liver, kidney , heart diseases, and blood clots are the serious ones). Everyday, reversible non-serious causes are meds (motrin and similar, calcium blockers, hormones). If you don't have a health threatening condition, limiting salt intake (sodium) and keeping your feet elevated will help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
RICE: For minor injuries, the rice treatment can help relieve swelling and pain. Rest – protect your injured foot and avoid prolonged standing or walking. Ice – no more than 15 minutes at a time and don’t apply ice directly to your skin. Compression – apply an ace wrap. Elevation – try to elevate your foot above your heart. If your symptoms don’t improve after 48 hours, see your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the causes of a swelling foot and leg and turning black?
- What causes pain and swelling in left instep of foot?
- Does ovarian cancer cause leg numbness and foot swelling?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Could a knee bandage cause ankle and foot swelling
- Bruising and swelling on top of foot
- Soaking swollen foot in ice water and swelling
- Dorsal foot pain and swelling
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free