Doctor insights on:
Not subtle: Typically a birth complicated by significant birth asphyxia, which is where the baby is not getting enough blood and oxygen to the brain, is followed by a floppy baby, often with little crying or breathing without help from the doctors and nurses, seizures may also be a complication. Baby's may need to be on a breathing machine. Mild birth asphyxia may only have low tone that goes away. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Asphyxia: Is the cutting off of airflow from the outside to the lungs as in choking. This can happen when on lying down the tongue falls to the back of the throat or the chest wall falls on the lung and compress it as in obesity. I have heard of that term but there is positional hypoxia meaning oxygenation goes down with position also called platypnea. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is a piece of gum hanging?
- Hanging clitoris
- How to commit suicide by hanging?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My eyelid is hanging lower than the other one
- How to treat hanging labia?
- Low hanging testicles
- What causes hanging moles?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free