Doctor insights on:
Asd And Pregnancy
If I smoked weed during the pregnancy, does this mean there is a higher chance of my child having an asd?
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Projected risk ~ 4% : The projected risk for any congenital heart defect ( all of them together) is ~4% after one. If either parent has or had a chd the projected risk increased to ~8% fpr subsequent pregnancies. Review of this issue as well as other family experiences with a genetic counselor can better define your individual risks with pregnancy. An estimated 4% of pregnancies have some unexpected issue (inclusive). ...Read more
I am female girl age 26 married I have no problem now iam a asd patient I have 3 children i whant to no I am going for family planing operation wyop?
My wife is 22 week pregnant. It was a finding that she has small ostium secundum asd measuring 9mm with left to right shunt noted. Please advice?
I got 5 kids 2 yrs ago found I have atrial septal aneurysm & asd. Will it b dangerous to have another baby? Could it kill me. No prob other deliveries
Yes: An ASD with a pulmonary to systemic flow ratio of greater than 1.5 has a significant likelihood of causing problems as the patient ages. With age BP rises as does the tension inside the left ventricle. The lack of elasticity eventually gets transferred to the right side with increasing pressures in the pulmonary circuit. Once pulmonary resistance rises to systemic levels it is too late. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Your choice: If it's autistic disorder, it's your right to decide. In our residency program, a bright young intern did not disclose that he had asperger syndrome until faced with dismissal for unusual behaviors that negatively impacted his performance. If he had disclosed in his application, the program may have accepted him as a person with a disability & made accomodations under ada. Weigh your options. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Signs and symptoms of pregnancy while on depo-provera
- Did you have implantation bleeding and a negative pregnancy test
- Pregnancy after uterine ablation and tubal ligation
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do you hurt in the lower back and hip in early signs of pregnancy?
- How can you tell the difference between an ovarian cyst and ectopic pregnancy?
- Is your cervix low and open in the early stages of pregnancy?
- Missed period fatigue and negative pregnancy test
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online