Doctor insights on:
Ascus And Pregnancy
See below: Ascus is atypical squamous cells of unknown significance; it means they see something that doesn't look normal, but doesn't look like a high grade lesion, either. Favor benign is just that; they don't think it's necessarily anything, follow up as appropriate. ...Read more
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
How many years is normal to go through this pap - colpo (every 6 months but i haven't been in a year) cycle with ascus legions? It's almost been 4 yrs
HPV test done if ASC: This means that if a person has a pap test result of asc-us (atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance), then the lab will perform a high risk hpv dna test. If the dna test is negative, then the "atypia" is less likely caused by an hpv infection. If the dna test is positive, then the "atypia" is more likely caused by an hpv infection. Hope that this helps. ...Read more
Positive pap: Ascus means Abnormal Scuamoqus Cell of Uncertain Source . It douse not mean you have cancer . But your doctor should look for a cause for this abnormality such as looking for HPV - human Papiloma virus , which could be the precursor for Cervical cancer . Most of the time a repeat pap is normal or negative . ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Regular paps all normal then jan ASCUS April normal. Oct ASCUS. Fam Dr says re test in three months (HPV not tested ). Ok to wait and retest ? ..?
Found out I have ascus cells in ovaries. What is this? What causes it? What are treatments? What are risks?
ASCUS diagnosed, do i have to wait 6 months for cells to return to normal, or can i order a colposcopy right away?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Signs and symptoms of pregnancy while on depo-provera
- Did you have implantation bleeding and a negative pregnancy test
- Pregnancy after uterine ablation and tubal ligation
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do you hurt in the lower back and hip in early signs of pregnancy?
- How can you tell the difference between an ovarian cyst and ectopic pregnancy?
- Is your cervix low and open in the early stages of pregnancy?
- Missed period fatigue and negative pregnancy test
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free