Doctor insights on:
Uncertain: In general, it is recommended that medications not be used after expiration date. With that said, there is a big difference between being expired for 5 days versus 5 years. Your pharmacist should be able to provide more information. ...Read more
Im passing asacol out whole. Does colazal release differently than asacol or is it also pH dependent? And does it work the same?
Different release: While Asacol release is ph dependent, Colazal does not become active until the drug reaches the colon where bacteria there splits the drug up into an active state. In fact, the capsule is just a formality as the Colazal powder can be swallowed whole - as it is available overseas. Having said that, many of my patients also see intact Asacol tabs in their stools. ...Read more
What is the difference between asacol and lialda. Do some people have different side effects to one vs the other/?
See below: Both meselamine (5-amino-salicylic acid).Lialda is long-acting and is taken 2Xdaily.Asacol is not long acting and is taken 3 Xs daily.Asacol is no longer available in the U.S.but can be obtained in the rest of the world and it is MUCH cheaper than Lialda.You can fax your prescription to a Canadian pharmacy for asacol(different trade name but same thing) if u have to pay Lialda out of pocket.Best ...Read more
See below: Taking Asacol hd & Prilosec at the same time may reduce the effectiveness of the asacol. Allow at least 2-3 hours between them. If the Asacol irritates your stomach, take the Prilosec first, followed by the Asacol a few hours later. Other antacids, acid blockers like zantac/pepcid will interact with Asacol in the same way as prilosec; so space the meds apart when you take them. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to have mouth ulcer outbreak after oral sex?
- Do any stds have inflamed bleeding gums as a symptom or is this from oral sex?
- How long does it take for oral prednisone treatment of sciatic nerve?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Canker sore vs. oral cancer
- Oral thrush
- How likely is it to get chlamydia from oral?
- Can having oral sex with someone who has a canker sore cause problems?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online