Doctor insights on:
Train quadriceps m: The patella subluxes laterally (to the outside) when the patellar groove is shallow or if the Q angle is high. The Q angle is the angle formed by the thigh muscle , the patella and the patellar tendon. Concervative therapy consist of terminal knee extension exercises. If that does not work, surgical lateral release is great. As a last resort the patellar tendon attachment can be transferred medial ...Read more
Depends on injury: There are literally dozens of different patella injuries. Seek consultation with an expert to determine what type of injury you have and what the pros and cons of various treatment options are. ...Read more
Leukotape: There are lots of ads on the internet: eg, optp (a good company) http://www.Optp.Com/leukotape-p.Aspx "ideal for patellofemoral taping, shoulder realignment, muscle retraining. High tensile strength. Easy-to-tear for quick application. Aggressive zinc oxide adhesive. Contains latex." i could find only 1 medical study at http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pubmed/11880802. ...Read more
Patellofemoral pain: Pain just medial to the patella suggests patellar chondromalacia or patellofemoral pain.Cartilage of the kneecap can 'wear down' causing pain, 'catching' and referred pain to the inside of the 'kneecap'. Pain typically is worse w/ stair climbing , keeping your knee bent for long periods of time , squatting etc. See an ors for evaluation and treatment. Good luck! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Grade 4 chondromalacia patella treatment
- Artificial hydration and nutrition
- Artificial tears
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Grade 3 chondromalacia patella
- How to keep sperm alive for artificial insemination?
- Artificial insemination after tubal ligation
- What is the best artificial knee joint available for today?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free