Doctor insights on:
Arm Ligaments And Tendons
R arm/shoulder/neck pain ×7yrs. Hand is cold, fingers swollen. Surgeries include : wrist tendon release/bone spur, wrist for torn ligaments & radial nerve release. Zero pain relief. Where to go now?
Yes: The tendons move your fingers and wrists. If it is damaged, you may lose the ability to bend or straighten the affected part. Ligaments support your joints, holding bones together. If that is damaged, you may have swelling to the region and instability to the joint. This means that it may hurt when you move the joint, or that it will move improperly. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Tendon/ligament tear: Ligaments stabilize and typically run along the sides if joints. Tendons attach muscle to bone. Ligaments are torn when a joint is dislocated or strained. Tendons are torn when the muscle pulling on the bone pulls with more force than the tensile strength of the tendon will allow. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Yes!: They are tissues that in children and adults are composed of collagen and some elastin. Children have more type 3 collagen, and in adults it is more type 1. As collagen ages, more cross-links form, limiting flexibility and stretch as we age. The three connective tissues you identify, have different collagen and elastin arrays, and are very avascular, compared to muscle, slowing healing time. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will acupuncture help tendons and ligaments in the knee heal faster
- Does large doses of prednisone increase problems with tendons and ligaments?
- Calcification of tendons and ligaments
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Anatomy of the foot tendons and ligaments
- Tendons and ligaments receive their strength from
- Upper leg tendons and ligaments
- Can you tell me the difference between a damaged tendon and a damaged ligament?
- Pelvic tendons and ligaments