Doctor insights on:
Are Whooping Cough And The Croup Caused By The Same Virus Or Bacteria
Croup is a description of variety on upper respiratory tract condition in children, including laryngitis, laryngotracheitis, laryngotracheobronchitis, bacterial tracheitis or spasmodic croup. Common symptoms are: cough, inspiratory stridor, hoarseness, barking cough, sore ...Read more
No: They are two different infections that can affect the respiratory system. Croup is typically a viral infection in children under 6 yeas of age. Whooping cough also know as pertussis is caused by a bacteria. Early treatment with antibiotics can limit its effects. Vaccination of children and adults is the best protection for whooping cough. ...Read more
He could have whooping cough, asthma, chronic cough, allergies, croup. I am so confused. How do I tell the difference?
See a doctor: Your doctor's job is to make the proper diagnosis, don't wreck your brain with it. ...Read more
My son is 13 months, he has had his flu and dtap vaccine...Is it still possible for him to have what sounds like whooping cough or is it croup?
Both possible: The vaccine provides good but not total protection from pertussis.If you are in an area where it has been found in the day care centers it is worth testing.The vaccine protects your kid from a severe case.The wc produces a continuous cough like a machine gun followed by a deep whoop (late in the illness).Croup seldom has more than 1-3 coughs before sounding like a seal bark. See your doc for eval. ...Read more
Yes and more:: The tdap vaccine protects against diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis (whooping cough). All of these are serious, potentially deadly illnesses caused by bacteria.Tdap is recommended as a booster to the dtap vaccine in people ages 11 - 64.Tdap is given to children between ages 11 or 12. Adults:19 to 64 should receive 1 dose of tdap instead of the td vaccine, then have td boosters every 10 years. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is whooping cough and the croup the same diphtheria virus just different names?
- Infection of the lungs caused by viruses bacteria or fungi
- Are the cold sore and herpes virus the same?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is emphysima and copd the same lung disease or are they different?
- Are varicose veins in the legs caused by lack of exercise or excessive weighrt?
- The diseases ringworm and athlets foot are caused by
- I learned cold sores are caused by herpes is it the same forms as genital herpes
- Talk to a pediatrician online