Doctor insights on:
Are Tortilla Chips A Complex Carb
YES: Low carbs does not mean "no carbs." instead, you are more selective about which carbs you include in a diet where protein is the dominant food source. In general, avoid the most common delayed food allergens (e.g., cow's milk, wheat, and sugar) as they can cause inflammatory reactions. If tacos and tortilla soup are corn-based they are ok. Use milk (e.g., rice) and sugar (e.g. Stevia) substitutes. ...Read more
I workout 3 times a week, eat reasonably well (lots of complex carbs)
Should I be getting a cvd risk assessment to be pro-active? Am 31 age, male
Good idea...: Congratulations on living a healthy lifestyle. You could start by seeing your doctor about getting a lipid panel and cardiospecific CRP. If you do not have shortness of breath, chest pain, or light-headedness when you are exercising vigorously, you may do well on a treadmill test. If you do not smoke or use drugs, are sleeping 7-8 hours per night and managing stress, you should do well. Take care. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not ok, essential!: Fiber aids in elimination and detoxification. Enzymes help with digestion and absorption of protein. Vitamins and minerals support vital metabolic functions and the manufacture of hormones and neurotransmitters. Antioxidants reduce inflammation. And, most importantly, complex carbs reduce after-meal spikes in blood sugar and triglycerides-the true dietary meaning of life. ...Read more
Friend now has fatty liver his dr told he just eat low fat I have this too but I was told low carbs and only complex ones at that which is correct ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many servings of complex carbohydrates should you eat a day on a low carb diet?
- Are white beans a good carb?
- Combining protein, complex carbs and fat
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are tortilla chips vegan?
- What are the benefits of a high protein and low carb diet?
- Are lentils ok for a low carb lunch for someone with diabetes?
- What foods are high in complex carbs?
- Is popcorn a complex or simple carb?