Doctor insights on:
Are There Vitamins That May Prevent Or Delay Coronary Heart Disease
Vitamins: None to my knowledge.Get a more detailed answer ›
Coronary artery disease is the leading cause of death and disability in adults in the U.S. It develops when lipid (fatty) plaques builds up in the arteries. Eventually, the plaque can occlude the artery, thereby stopping blood flow to the organ supplied by that artery. If the artery supplies the heart, blockage causes a heart attack. If the blockage is in a brain vessel, the ...Read more
Are they any herbs, foods , vitamins that help fight or or help prevent coronary heart disease at all?
Know your numbers!: You might not be able to completely prevent heart disease but you can certainly remediate your risk by awareness and good habits. Stop smoking, lose weight, control cholesterol and blood pressure and blood sugar, exercise every day. The first step is to know where you are right now which means testing with your doctor and partnering with your doctor to achieve your goals and improve your outcome. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Exercise: Virtually every study of effects of interventions shows that people who exercise regularly do better with respect to coronary artery disease. Exercise helps with arterial health. It doesn't absolutely prevent coronary disease but certainly decreases your chances of an untoward event. ...Read more
Vitamin E: It doesn't.Get a more detailed answer ›
Heart disease is a condition in which a person has problems with his heart, which includes both birth defects and problems acquired later. Examples of heart disease include clogging of the coronary (heart) arteries, heart attacks, leaky heart valves, heart failure, viral infections ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any home remedies that may cure chlamydia or any similar stds?
- Are there any vitamins or minerals that are good for lung function?
- Are there vitamins and minerals that aid in weight loss or appetite suppression?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any diseases that can be misdiagnosed as endometriosis or vice versa?
- Are there any natural vitamins or supplements that can get rid of hirsutism?
- Are there any good vitamins or supplements that help with insomnia?
- Are there any good vitamins that treat dysplasia and prevent cervical cancer?
- Talk to a cardiologist online