Doctor insights on:
Are There Treatments For Bow Legs Without Surgery
Bowlegs is a condition in which the knees remain wide apart when a person stands with the feet and ankles together. Infants are born bowlegged because of their folded position in the uterus. The infant's bowed legs begin to straighten once the child starts to walk and the legs begin to bear weight (about 12 to 18 months old). Normal appearance is usually attained by the time the child is 3 years old. At this time, a child can usually stand with the ankles together and the knees just touch. If the bowed legs persist into this period, the ...Read more
BOW LEGS: Non-operative: 'orthotic' management considered in infantile form: less than 3 yr with mild deformity. Knee-ankle-foot orthosis to be worn 22-23 hrs/d for 1 yr. Surgical: age 4 yr or more, failure of orthotic management with more severe deformities. Your child's orthopedic doc will explain in detail after complete evaluation of degree of defrmity. ...Read more
Depends on situation: Bow legs are often seen as a transitional finding when kids first start to walk, followed by a knock kneed phase between 3 & 5 and a straightening by 6-7.This occurs as the child's hips & legs begin to shift their growth to carry a growing upper body. If over 8-10, there is not much that can be done. ...Read more
You can't: I'm sorry, but I don't believe bow legs can be corrected in an adult without surgery. Physical therapy may help to some degree, but modalities like leg braces are not as effective in adults as they are in children. You should talk to an orthopedic surgeon and/or a physiatrist (PM&R doctor). ...Read more
Yes I meant she is suspected to have bow legs. Is there a permanent cure without an axis correcrion surgery?
I m 23 and i have bow legs and i dont want to do make any surgery .. i m seeking physical exercise ...can it work ?
Can bow legs surgery (after surgery) affect your legs permanently (you were a quick athlete, and now not as much as before for example)?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some of the treatments for bow legs?
- What are the treatments for an ovarian cyst or endometriosis without surgery?
- How can you correct bow legs without surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will i get taller if i have corrective surgery for bow legs
- Are there good natural treatments for mesenteric lymphadenitis?
- What are the treatments for circulation problems after surgery?
- Are there any alternative medicine treatments for emphysema?
- Talk to a pediatrician online