Doctor insights on:
Are There Some Genetic Reasons I Get Ankle Sprains
From a medical standpoint, "genetic" refers to the potential heritability of various medical conditions. While some conditions are inevitable (at some point in one's life) as a consequence of simple genetic heritability (eg huntington's disease), a large number of medical conditions (including all behaviorial health disorders) are the expressed final pathway of a ...Read more
My ankle was sprained two weeks ago and since then the swelling has gone down substantially but not completely. I have complete movement of my ankle and no pain, the swelling is just concerning me. Is there any reason why this could be?
Can i sprain my ankle by placing it in a chair on its side w/ my other foot on top? Or does it hurt for another reason? It has been hurting for a few hours and it hurts to move it and walk on it have i twisted it or something?
About a month ago I sprained my ankle.(It was self diagnosed) It got swollen but there were no bruises. Now,it's still swollen. Is there a reason why?
I sprained my ankle almost a year ago never went to a doctor. If I dont wear my brace it tries to collapse or hurts to walk. Any Reason to this?
Sprained ankle 6 months ago, ER found no broken bones, still pain and swelling along with pins and needles What could be the reason for this?
Very, Very popular..: 16 year old females are in the middle of the group of people that have the highest occurrence of ankle sprains. So, you are not alone. As stable as the ankle can seem, a slight deviation in foot and/or ankle mechanics can cause the foot to collapse inward thus causing the later ankle damage that is so commonly seen. A consultation with a Healthtap specialist could help prevent future sprains. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If it's bothering : You particularly -yes. In the meantime use rice. Rest the ankle for at least 24 to 48 hours. Ice it for up to 20 minutes at a time every 4 hours (when awake) for first 48 hours. Compress with an ace bandage (but not too tight) & elevate it. Tylenol or nsaid's can help with pain. Take care. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there some genetic reasons i get bursitis off and on?
- Are there some genetic reasons i get dental abscesses off and on?
- Are there some genetic reasons i get postural hypotension off and on?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there some genetic reasons i get anorectal abscess off and on?
- Are there some genetic reasons i get fecal impaction off and on?
- Are there some genetic reasons i get steatorrhea off and on?
- Are there some genetic reasons i get orchitis off and on?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free