Doctor insights on:
Are There Safe Alternative Therapies For Gelatin Allergy
Essentially allergies occur when your immune system goes crazy and decides to has to fight against things it should be ignoring. The immune system of people without allergies simply ignores the pollen in the air or the dander on their cat while an allergic person's immune system creates cells to fight against the pollen or dander. The allergic reaction causes the ...Read more
Avoidance needed: As with other food allergies, strict avoidance is required. It is important to check labels carefully. You should carry an Epinephrine auto-injector (epi-pen, ets.) vaccines, such as dtap, mmr, varicella and certain influenza vaccines contain gelatin. Desensitization protocols for these vaccines exist. ...Read more
Yes: Anti-inflammatory and other medicines can cause problems for some people (heart disease, liver toxicity, stomach ulcers, etc). Arthritis symptoms can be improved by gentle aerobic exercise, muscle strengthening exercise, topical treatments like paraffin wax baths, massage and accupuncture. Supplements like glucosamine/chondroitin/5-loxin can also help some people. Orthotics and shoes can help. ...Read more
No: No alternative therapies have been shown to be efficacious in pulmonary eosinophilia. In fact, i'm not sure of any actual trials of any alternative medications for this condition. Pulmonary eosinophilia is a finding, not a disease (it can be found with several diseases). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there safe alternative therapies for entamoeba histolytica infection?
- Are there effective alternative therapies for fioricet addiction?
- Are there good alternative therapies for congenital adrenal hyperplasia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there alternative therapies for puncture wound of the lip?
- Are there alternative therapies for calcium channel blocker overdose?
- Are there good alternative therapies for enterocele?
- Are there alternative therapies for back spinal stenosis?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free