Doctor insights on:
Are There Relaxation Products That I Can Use For My Leg Ulcer
No, depends,: Is the ulcer from venous, arterial or diabetic neuropathic. Relaxation will not help any. Stop smoking, . Compression therapy for venous, improve circulation for arterial, offloading for neuropathic. These are the first line rx. However all need debridement and good wound care. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See vein specialist: Leg ulcers are often caused by chronic venous insufficiency which is a problem that causes to much pressure to be in the veins near the skin. A venous specialist can diagnose and treat this condition. Our cure rate with venous ulcers is 97%. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: No. Factors which determine if you will lose your leg are, 1) how good / bad the circulation is, or 2) whether you have a deep wound infection which will not clear with just antibiotics alone. Showering and keeping wounds clean does help prevent infections. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Sometimes there is an isolated incompetent venous perforator vein under an ulcer. It may have been there for years and in retrospect the patient may remember pain in the area after exercise. When the skin above it can no longer compensate for the increased pressure, an ulcer can form. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Infections: The outcomes for an untreated ulcer can be severe. You can develop a local infection. This can spread to the bone as well as into the blood which can cause you to become septic with high fevers and illness which can be life threatening. Also the cause is important. If it is due to PAD this can result in an amputation. It is very important to see your physician as soon as possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Warm water...time: I am assuming you are talking about hypafix tape which sticks to the skin. The easiest way is to soak the entire dressing with warm water or saline until it loosens up. More importantly, it is never a good idea to use tape directly on the skin if it can be avoided. Ankle ulcers are typically a result of varicose veins. A compression dressing avoids the use of tape and provides compression therapy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any new treatments for copd and emphysema that can extend my life?
- How can i heal a cut that has been there for a while on my foot air it out?
- Are there any types of foods i can eat that will let me lose weight in my belly?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you tell me if there are exercises i can do to improve my leg claudication?
- Are there any natural bowel preps i can use before my colonoscopy?
- Are there medications that i can take to get over my fear of the dentist?
- What workout can i do for my legs butt that i dont have to get on the floor for?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free