Doctor insights on:
Are There Proven Ways To Help Prevent Hirschsprung Disease
Bowel problem: Hirschsprung is a disease of the intestine which is missing the nerves required to allow relaxation of the bowel so the stool can pass. It is disease the occurs in utero and is usualy diagnosed in the newborn or young child and can be corrected by a surgeon who specializes in pediatric surgery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Possibly: In general, most patients with properly performed correction of H.D.Do extremely well with no long term impact. However, some have issues with constipation, recurrent disease, enterocolitis(inflammation of the intestine). The key is early diagnosis and treatment by pediatric surgeons experienced in the care. If, patient has very long segment disease or small bowel hd, long term prob may exist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Constipation: Inability to stool spontaneously without laxatives, suppositories or some form of rectal stimulation. Usually presents in newborn period, but can manifest latter if breast fed when infant transitions to formula or solid foods. Biopsy and barium enema are needed to make the diagnosis. Can be treated successfully with surgery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Constipation: Hirschsprung's disease is one that occurs in utero. It is the failure of the large intestine to populate with the right nerve cells. The intestine has two systems. One causes contraction and one causes relaxation. This is the basis for perstalsis or the movement that propels material through our intestine. Hirschsprung's disease lacks the relaxing nerves thus colon is contracting and obstructing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there proven ways to help prevent bone loss?
- Are there proven ways to help prevent low potassium?
- Are there proven ways to help prevent endometrial cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there ways to prevent nausea and vomiting with leukemia?
- Are there natural ways to prevent and reverse the effects of a stroke?
- Are there any ways to prevent breast cancer?
- Are there natural ways to treat hypogonadism?
- Talk to a pediatrician online