Doctor insights on:
Are There Proven Ways To Help Prevent Hirschsprung Disease
Http://www.hirschspr: http://www.hirschsprungs.info/Get a more detailed answer ›
Provide information: There are some forms of hd that occur in familities and that may be the case here. A full term child should pass meconium(first stool) within 48 hours. If not, baby should be evaluated for hd. In preemies, on 80% pass stool at 48hours so it may be less likely. Also, rarely to preemies have hd-unkonwn why. However, you must tell your doc about this history so he/she can consider this if issues a. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Constipation: Hirschsprung's disease is one that occurs in utero. It is the failure of the large intestine to populate with the right nerve cells. The intestine has two systems. One causes contraction and one causes relaxation. This is the basis for perstalsis or the movement that propels material through our intestine. Hirschsprung's disease lacks the relaxing nerves thus colon is contracting and obstructing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bowel problem: Hirschsprung is a disease of the intestine which is missing the nerves required to allow relaxation of the bowel so the stool can pass. It is disease the occurs in utero and is usualy diagnosed in the newborn or young child and can be corrected by a surgeon who specializes in pediatric surgery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there proven ways to help prevent endometrial cancer?
- Are there proven ways to help prevent low potassium?
- Are there proven ways to help prevent bone loss?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Ways to help prevent miscarriage
- Proven ways to get taller
- Proven ways to grow taller
- Is vomiting a symptom of hirschsprung disease?
- Talk to a pediatrician online