Doctor insights on:
Are There Pills Available To Prevent Sunburn
Be sun smart : First understand your skin type for sensitivity to the sun. Avoid midday sun between 10am-2pm for prolonged outdoor activities. Daily sunblock with a broad spectrum spf 30 or higher. Use sun smart clothing which protects from uv rays. There are many brands like sun precautions company and the likes which make great hats and blouses. If you can tan a bit during summer it also helps prevent burns. ...Read more
Sunscreen: Sunscreens work via 2 possible ways: 1) chemical blocks that breakdown the uv rays as they pass through the skin and 2) physical blocks that prevent the uv rays from getting to the skin. I recommend the physical blocks (zinc and titanium) because they have a very good safety profile and work very effectively. If you are going to be in the sun - use a minimum of spf 15 - follow product directions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Use before exposure: Sunblock works best if applied before exposure. The protection factor you need depends on your skin type. I recommend "sports" or waterproof sunscreens but these should still be reapplied after swimming, toweling off, etc. Bear in mind that the uv exposure is greatest between 10A.M. And 2 P.M. Or at high altitudes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Wear a hat : Physical defense with a hat is the obvious answer. There are different types of hats with protection for the back of the neck which is also prone to sunburns for people who work outdoors or just enjoy recreation. If your into water sports there lies the challenge. No matter how much sunblock used, if your skin is fair you will get injured without a cap. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any vitamins i can take to prevent warts from growing on my feet?
- Are there any herbs i should avoid to prevent worsening my svt?
- Are there any good clothes to wear to prevent radiation damage from flying?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there steps i can take to prevent getting fibrocystic breast disease?
- Are there any pills i can take to help me lose weight?
- Are there proven ways to help prevent bone loss?
- Are there any weight loss pills that are okay to take with a heart problem?
- Talk to a dermatologist online