Doctor insights on:
Are There Permanent Solutions Or Treatments For Pancreatitis
Pancreatitis : It depend which etiology we are dealing with. If it is related to stone disease for instance this can dealt with ERCP and stone extraction, if it is related to chronic pancreatitis, this might require more time and effort, including investigation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
PANCREATITIS TX: PANCREATITIS which is inflammation of the Pancreas is treated with bowel rest(NPO STATUS) Hydration & Pain control. While being closely monitored the cause needs to be evaluated. IE GALLSTONES/ALCOHOL USAGE/MEDICATION/ANATOMICAL/. Trauma. The cause of the pancreatitis will dictate further options. You need a full exam &plans . CT SCAN OF ABDOMEN AND PELVIS AND CLOSE OBSERVATION. ...Read more
None: I would venture and say none known to the physicians community ...Read more
What are treatments for pancreatitis? My doctor said I have this, so he put me on the paleo diet. I think o want to get a second opinion though.
Depends on cause: Pancreatitis can be caused by gallstones, medications, high triglycerides, a tumor, and several other causes. The treatment depends on the underlying cause. Most often it starts by hospitalizing patient and giving them IV fluids and restricting oral intake for a period of time. ...Read more
Pain meds and time: The 2 most common causes of pancreatitis are alcohol and gall stones. If you have gall stones, you should have your gall bladder removed. Pancreatitis is more common with binge drinking so if your pancreatitis is due to alcohol, i would advise abstention. Once someone has pancreatitis, the body has to heal on its own. In rare cases antibiotics like primaxin can be used. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any homeopathic or physical therapy treatments for spinal stenosis?
- Are there any vitamins or minerals that are good for lung function?
- Are there good natural treatments for mesenteric lymphadenitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there treatments for bow legs without surgery?
- Are there any alternative medicine treatments for emphysema?
- Are there effective natural treatments for pericarditis?
- Are there any new treatments for copd and emphysema that can extend my life?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free