Doctor insights on:
Are There People More Susceptible To Scabies
5% permethrin cream: This cream is available by prescription and can be used in children as young as 2 months. The cream should be massaged into the skin from scalp to legs and left on overnight, rinsed off in the morning. All household contacts should be treated. Then wash all your clothing and bedding in hot water. You may need to repeat the cream in 1 week if itching persists. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
They are mites..: Scabies are mites! the one infesting human are called sarcoptes scabiei var hominis, and have been torturing mankind for over 2500 yrs, dating back to the roman times. They typically burrow under skin, lay their eggs, thus causing the burrows of inflammation and thus intense itching at times-easily treated, but often a missed diagnosis. If u r concernd/having burrow-rashes, consult doc. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Scabies: Scabies in people is cause by a mite called Sacroptes Scabieivar. Hominis.Scabies looks like lines of burrows on skin made w little mounds or blisters. They cause itching which is often worse at night. Although they can be anywhere on skin they like going into skin folds (waistline, axilla, breasts, between fingers, feet, wrists, knees, elbows,buttocks & genitalia. You aren't likely to see mites. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infesting parasite: Scabies is a common infestation caused by the arthropod sarcoptes scabiei. The mite is transmitted via prolonged direct human contact. The main presenting symptoms include rash and severe itching. If you think you might have scabies, please see your doctor and get treatment soon! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there people more susceptible to malaria?
- Are there people more susceptible to pinworm?
- Are there certain people that are more susceptible to sepsis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are certain people more susceptible to gallbladder disease?
- Why are obese people more susceptible to diabetes?
- Why are some people more susceptible to coughs?
- Are children more susceptible to meningococcemia?
- Talk to a dermatologist online