Doctor insights on:
Are There Other Ways To Stop An Asthma Attack Besides Inhaler
Yes: But it depends on how severe the asthma attack has become. In a mild attack, steam from a shower or humidifier can help. However, if the attack is moderate or severe, then medications are absolutely necessary. These medications come as inhalers or nebulized solutions that can be given with a nebulizer machine. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Asthma is a disease of the lungs caused by chronic inflammation of the airways most often caused by allergies. This inflammation results in airway swelling and hyperactivity leading to difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, dry cough, etc. MIT is a diagnosis made by combining clinical ...Read more
2puffs : An attack is usually cleared with 2 puffs of a short acting bronchodilator (such as albuterol). It is best to wait at least 1 minute between puffs. If you need the rescue inhaler frequently, you will need mediacal attention. If you need to use a short acting bronchodilator other than before exercise more than twice a week, you would need a preventative medication such as an inhaled steroid. ...Read more
Emerency: 911, there is no cure.Get a more detailed answer ›
Asthma attack during a run in the middle of the woods. Sx: shortness of breath, wheezing (in/out), coughing. Stop or run out of woods? No inhaler.
Yes: If the attack worsens, you may not be able to breathe. I would say that has some bad consequences. ...Read more
Calm: Try to calm down if excited, take long breaths through your nose, sit upright, contact 911 (emergency) if possible. If you are in an area where you know what may have triggered your attack, move away from the possible trigger. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to stop an asthma attack with an inhaler?
- Ways to stop an asthma attack
- Ways to stop wheezing without an inhaler
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Stops breathing asthma attack
- How to handle an asthma attack without an inhaler?
- Can i get hiv in other ways besides sexual intercourse?
- Are there other ways besides a tummy tuck to get rid of loose skin?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free