Doctor insights on:
Are There Minerals Which Help Wounds To Heal Faster
Wound Care: Stop bleeding by applying pressure. Rinse wound w clean water. Clean surrounding skin w soap & water on wash cloth. Remove debris w tweezers. If material remains in wound – seek medical care. Apply antibiotic ointment. Initially cover w bandage until some healing has occurred. Change bandage when soiled/ wet or at least daily. Need tetanus shot if you haven't had one in last 10 years, don't know ...Read more
Eat healthy: Hopefully, the self injury wounds are not an ongoing event. The affected person will seek professional mental health treatment asap. Making sure the person is healthy otherwise, getting rest ; eating a well-balanced diet is essential. The wounds should be kept clean and attended to daily if they are severe ; followed by the appropriate medical provider as needed. ...Read more
I have heard that putting table salt on a wound or cut will stop it from bleeding , help fight infection and help it heal faster. Is this true?
Wound on my leg. I was in the hospital they cut it opened and then they packed it. My question is what can I use in the hole to help it heal faster.
Wound specialist: Please consult a physical therapist with training in wound care. You did not state why was the leg cut open, what underlying diseases you have and how long has it been since the wound occurred? It would be prudent to not ignore the wound it there is "hole" as you stated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i do anything to help my wound heal faster?
- Can you tell me if there are any special bandages to help a diabetic ulcer heal?
- What could i do to help my broken leg heal faster?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some good minerals and herbs to help a bone fusion after having surgery?
- Are there any good natural remedies to help with sleep walking?
- Are there any options other than a shunt to help with hydrocephalus?
- Is there a good diet to help the liver heal if the liver is sick?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free