Doctor insights on:
Are There Long Term Effects From A Concussion
Sometimes: Concussions are brain injuries. They can last as short as a few weeks or longer than a year. The long term effects depend upon the area of the brain affected, how hard your head was hit, and genetics. Getting a second injury before the first injury has healed can lead to serious long term complications. Follow the directions your doctor gives you. For more info visit: www.Cdc.Gov/concussion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
After having a few concussions, if going concussion free for many years, do your chances of the long term effects decrease?
Why few concussions: Repeated head injuries are harmful to brain , why few concussions , are you a boxer ? . Yes if you continue to have injury to head repeatedly , there are long term consequences , as seen in the boxers , typical example Great boxer Muhammad Ali. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Long term effects of concussion as a child? I was sleepwalking fell down stairs and didn't wake up after for awhile.
May or may not: If you have not had any ongoing symptoms until now since childhood then there would be none. If you have had some symptoms all along since the fall without interruption for few months then these are likely permanent. ...Read more
Many are possible: Concussions may cause no symptoms at all, or they can be a problem for a long time. The fewer effects you have and the faster they fade, the more likely there will be no long-lasting effect. People may experience dizziness, unsteadiness, headache, blurry vision, concentration and memory difficulties, as well as other minor problems. Most of the time, these effects fade away within a month. ...Read more
Sometimes: Concussion is associated with long term symptoms in some people but not all people. These can include headaches, dizziness, mood and cognitive difficulties. Multiple concussions, and those that occur after age forty, are more likely to cause such symptoms. Long term medical health should not be directly affected by concussion. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there long term effects from a head injury?
- Are there any long term effects to taking zyrtec everyday?
- Are there any long term side effects of staph infections?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any side effects from surgery to repair a torn meniscus?
- Does anyone know any long term effects or problems from having a sacral dimple?
- Are there any long term effects of naloxone after morphone od?
- Are there any long term effects of poison ivy exposure?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free