Doctor insights on:
Are There Herbal Treatments That Thin The Blood The Way Aspirin Does
Does daily low dose aspirin, fish oil, and turmeric coupled with a couple light beers thin the blood too much? Affect rbc?
I am on aspirin therapy and 2 consecutive pap smears have had too much blood to get result or see enough cells. Should i stop aspirin b4 redo #3?
2 new drugs: The fda has approved 2 new drugs and more are on the way: Pradaxa (dabigatran) and xarelto (rivaroxaban). Key points: they're very expensive, don't require frequent blood samples for dosing, and they have no antidote if serious bleeding occurs. Pradaxa is taken twice a day, xarelto is once daily. If stopped abruptly, there is incr risk of clotting with both. Pradaxa can often cause stomach upset. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes, but depends: The issue is why you may need to thin your blood. Aspirin is a good, relatively safe, inexpensive antiplatelet agent. Sometimes, though, antiplatelet activity is not adequate "blood thinning", e.g., for phlebitis or artificial heart valve protection (especially mitral valve), or an acute stroke. For long term use, or less critical circumstances, Aspirin in varying doses may be adequate. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How fast does aspirin thin the blood?
- Is there any way that you can tell if you are pregnant within the first 3 weeks?
- Does turmeric thin the blood?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does alcohol thin the blood?
- Does advil thin the blood?
- Does naproxen thin the blood?
- What does it mean if the blood vessels in my head are inflamed?
- Talk to a cardiologist online