Doctor insights on:
Are There Glasses For Programmers To Block Peripheral Vision
Maybe so: Computer programmers have needs that are different from other computer users. Age and need for glasses also play important roles. The stronger the prescription need, the more peripheral distortion exists. There are several glasses that come either with "blinders" or wrap-around lenses. Your optometrist or optician can likely build or modify a pair of glasses to accomplish your goal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
When you look at someone's face, you can still see their hand, even though you are not looking directly at it. When you are walking through a doorway, you are not looking at the sides, or looking directly at the threshold, but you see it through your peripheral vision. Anything outside of your direct focus spot, is considered peripheral. Which can be measured ...Read more
My peripheral vision is better when I wear glasses instead of monovision contacts. Why would that be?
Monocular vision : The convenience of being fitted in monofocal contacts is to lessen need for glasses, at the compromise of reduced stereopsis (binocular vision). However I find improvement in peripheral vision when wearing contacts for optimum distance (binocular) vision, versus glasses. Each contact lens individual determines whether the reduction of stereopsis is satisfactory for their daily functions. ...Read more
My eyes always feel fatigued. On a computer, without glasses (-3.00) my central vision is blurry, but I notice my peripheral vision still looks clear.
Will lasik affect my peripheral vision? I have worn contacts for the past 20 years, and although they don't really bother me, i would like to be able to see without having to put them in every morning. However, i don't want to undergo any procedures that
No, but...: Peripheral visual acuity (sharpness) can not be improved, but you can learn to pay better attention to it. Team sports like basketball and soccer are a great way to improve your ability to use your peripheral vision as long as you force yourself to try to see the whole court or field at the same time. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there warning signs to look for during the 6th month of pregnancy?
- Can you tell me if there are good shoes to wear for varicose veins?
- Are there any natural alternatives to clobex shampoo for scalp psorasis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there glasses that can increase your night vision?
- Are there any other alternatives to tamoxifen for breast cancer?
- Are there effective natural alternatives to radiation therapy for lung cancer?
- How to block peripheral vision?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free