Doctor insights on:
Are There Foods I Should Avoid While Taking Aromasin
Aromasin (exemestane) is a steroidal aromatase inhibitor that permanently blocks the activity of the enzyme aromatase, blocking the conversion of adrenal androgens into estrogen by peripheral tissues (such as fatty tissue). It is currently used for treatment of er positive, early or ...Read more
Pregnancy with meds: You should notify your OB concerning any medications, as you should not take anything without the approval of your doctors. ...Read more
Aromasin: "AROMASIN Tablets are contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to the drug or to any of the excipients." "AROMASIN may cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman. " "AROMASIN Tablets should not be administered to premenopausal women." See: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=cf066b7a-032a-416c-8d40-15ba581423e3 ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends: Aromasin is generally taken by women who have developed breast cancer and have hormonally sensitive tumors. If they have metastases or are at high risk of recurrence or mets, they can benefit from aromasin. At least one study has shown that post-menopausal women who have not yet had cancer but were at high risk of developing it, had a 65% reduction in risk. Are those women "well?". ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I think you are : Asking about tamoxifen and anastrazole, and aromatase inhibitor. Tamoxifen is used in pre or post menopausal women with er+ tumors. Anastrazole and Letrozole are aromatase inhibitors, and work poorly in estrogen rich pre-menopausal patients. There is no indication for using both together, one or the other as indicated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bone effects: Aromasin is an aromatase Inhibitor(AI) which when used to treat breast cancer causes effects on the bone density which can lead to osteoporosis in some women. So monitoring of Bone mineral density(BMD) is recommended and appropriate treatment offered if there is a significant bone loss after 1-2 years of use of this drug. Ask your doctor more about this issue. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the herbs i should avoid while taking lamictal?
- Are there certain foods that should be avoided when you have polycythemia vera?
- What kind of substances should i avoid while i am taking phentermine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any herbs i should avoid to prevent worsening my svt?
- Are there certain medications i should stop taking before my colonoscopy?
- Are there particular foods i should eat after my hernia surgery?
- Are there exercises i should avoid if i have plantar fascitis?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free