Doctor insights on:
Are There Foods I Can Eat That Are Progesterone Rich
No: To eat foods containing chemicals known to be similar (in effect) to the body's hormones is usually a bad idea. The dosing would vary each day because the foods never contain the same amount of chemical from meal to meal, people don't eat the same meals each day, foods from different farms have different levels of chemicals, etc... The only way to get exact amounts is by approved, purified drugs. ...Read more
Don't!: There are no foods that stimulate progesterone. Further, foods traditionally claimed to contain Progesterone such as mexican yams are unregulated, may contain progestins but not progesterone, and do not have a progestogenic effect. Many have an estrogenic effect! if you have a true need for additional progesterone, which most women don't, talk with a knowledgeable doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Will eating sweet potatoes or yams help raise progesterone levels? Or rather what foods/drinks may raise progesterone levels naturally?
No, and none: Sweet potatoes and yams do not contain actual Progesterone at all, that is not a matter of debate in 2014 . Further they do not contain anything that acts like Progesterone (progestogenic), most contain plant chemical that are estrogenic in action. You can raise Progesterone by supplementing progesterone, but why do you want to do this? ...Read more
Followup Dr Gerald. Mandell re 20% EF w/ 2nd HIDA. My sympt were nausea from progesterone??, rare LPR reflux? & intermit mild urq pain. 0 food assoc
My doctor gave me progesterone pills for my period. Can I just take the natural progesterone made from yams at the health food store instead?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any types of foods i can eat that will let me lose weight in my belly?
- After losing blood what foods can i eat that are high in iron
- Are there any foods i can eat to heal my pulmonary fibrosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What foods can i eat that are easy for the body to digest?
- Are there foods i can stop eating to reduce my gynecomastia?
- Are there any iron supplement that i can take that wont make me constipated?
- Are there relaxation products that i can use for my leg ulcer?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free