Doctor insights on:
Are There Environmental Triggers That Cause Styes In The Eye
Warm compresses: A stye is a clogged oil gland found in the eyelid margin, it produces oil for the surface of the eye. When the orifice of this gland becomes blocked, the oil will back up and form what is called a stye. Typically a stye is from inflammation causing the opening (orifice) to occlude causing the stye. A stye is typically not an infected oil gland, but can occur due bacteria causing inflammation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have recurring styes. Are they caused by staph bacteria? Is this dangerous for there to be constant staph bacteria in a place as special as the eye?
Styles: Due to blocked oil glands in the lids, this is why the initial treatment is hot compresses 4-6 times a day. The area can resolve with this in time. Very rarely is a style due to infection. ...Read more
Warm compresses: Put clean, wet, warm compresses on your eyelid to help treat the stye. The stye is caused my an inflammation in the hair follicle of the eyelid. Antibiotics are usually not needed. Keep your hands away from your eyes- don't rub your eyes! call your doctor if it does not get better. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Warm compresses: Warm compresses (wash cloth with hot water and hold it on the stye for 5-10 minutes, reheating as needed), or surgical incision and drainage, or steroid have been the only effective treatments demonstrated get rid of a stye. A stye is due to the orifice of an oil gland (mebomian gland) in the eyelid margin becoming inflamed, and not an infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am wonderin what happens if the fliuds from a a stye gets in the eye after it has popped on its own ..
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there an eye disorder that causes a blind spot in the central vision area?
- What are the causes of styes in the eye?
- Wat are sores in and around the butthole area that itch and burn caused from
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the most contagious diseases in nursing homes that cause diarrhea?
- What are the causes of pain and pressure in the left eye?
- Are there surgeries to repair eye injury in the fovea centralis?
- What are the causes of flashing lights in the left eye followed by a headache?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free