Doctor insights on:
Are There Effective Natural Treatments For Bacterial Vaginosis
BV: Bv is a condition caused by an overgrowth of normal vaginal flora as a result of a pH change. This change is a manifestation of a possible decreased immune system, which could be a temporary condition. Probiotics, anti-oxidants, vitamins, omega 3 are some supplements one can take to increase the immune system. Avoid sugar, artificial sweeteners, minimize stress to name a few. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can Vary: The treatments for BV work about 85% of the time. In general, i like to treat first with vaginal antibiotic such as metrogel, because it treats where the infection is. Metronidazole pills help, and if those aren't working i will treat with tindamax. Yeast arrest can help to normalize the vaginal environment and that can decrease bv. ...Read more
Ive been on Metronidazole for 3 out 7 days bacterial vaginosis. The odor has only gotten worse. I wanted to know if its wise to try natural treatment?
No: If it is getting worse go back to see your doctor. ...Read more
Currently none: Candida (fungal) vaginitis can be treated with otc such as vagisil/monistat etc..But there is no otc med available to treat bv, yet. I think that the vaginal suppository form of Flagyl should someday become available otc for treatment of bv. I would suggest consulting your doc for work-up and treatment. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Any treatments for recurrent bacterial vaginosis? I took METRONIDAZOLE 500 MG TABLET two different times and it didn't work. I've had it for a year
Alternatives: Intravaginal boric acid, a 600 mg capsule once nightly for 14 days may be able to help with your problem. This medication is not FDA-approved for this purpose and must be made by a compounding pharmacy. Boric acid can be fatal if swallowed rather than used intravaginally, so be careful around children. Still it's a worthwhile option when all the antibiotics don't work. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there effective natural treatments for pericarditis?
- Are there effective natural treatments for puncture wound of the ear?
- Are there effective natural treatments for abdominal aortic aneurysm?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there good natural treatments for mesenteric lymphadenitis?
- Are there good natural treatments for cmv infection?
- Are there effective natural alternatives to radiation therapy for lung cancer?
- Are there any effective treatments for interstitial lung disease?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free