Doctor insights on:
Are There Effective Medicinal Therapies To Treat Salmonella
No: Salmonella enteritis infection usually resolves without the need of any antibiotic treatment. For severe infections or infections in immunocompromised patients several antibiotics are effective. There are no effective herbal treatments for salmonella infections. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
NO: Prevent salmonella infections by improve food safty practices through political action. Do not eat raw or undercooked eggs or meats. Food handler hygene. Maintain time-temperature standards for food handling/preparation/storage. Ban unpasturized dairy products. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Oral hydration: Salmonella typhi (typhoid fever) is transmitted by drinking or eating contaminated water or food. High fever, headache, abdominal pain and rash are possible symptoms. Oral hydration is the mainstay of treatment, although IV hydration may be needed in serious cases; oral antibiotics may also be recommended. Anti-diarrheal meds are usually not recommended. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Salmonella osteo: This depends upon whether this is acute vs. Chronic osteomyelitis. In the chronic form you may need input from an orthopedical surgeon for debridement of devitalized bone combined with a long-term antibiotic preferrably given iv, although if sensitive to a fluorinated quinolone like Cipro this may be effective orally over at least a 4 wk course. ...Read more
Supportive care: Gastroenteritis, the most common manifestation of salmonella infection in us, generally requires a supportive care, i.e., maintaining good fluid balance. Exceptions include young infants and individuals with sickle cell disease who may require antibiotics treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there effective herbal therapies to treat a listeria infection?
- Are there effective natural alternatives to radiation therapy for lung cancer?
- Are there effective herbal therapies to prevent a listeria infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What other medications are there to treat anxiety disorders besides ssris?
- Are there natural ways to treat bacterial tracheitis?
- Are there natural ways to treat carbon monoxide poisoning?
- Are there natural ways to treat lipomas?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online