Doctor insights on:
Are There Diseases That Resemble St Ds
STD screening: Screening guidelines for stds recommend that sexually active men and women should be offered routine screening for hiv. Serologic testing for hepatitis b should also be done. Women with a history of unprotected sex/multiple partners should be screened yearly for gc and chlamydia. Men for chlamydia. The window period for detection of HIV antibodies is 6 wks-6 mos. After exposure. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: Only get it if involved with someone that is infected. The best solution is to be monogamous. ...Read more
Depends on situation: No exposures=no disease, some exposure, some risk.More or unlimited exposure with increasing number of partners means an unlimited number of risks.Risks between two monogamous partners with no outside exposure, ever, approaches zero. ...Read more
Can't tell: I have no answer for that. Would just be guessing. ...Read more
How can blood be contageous when it dries and you clean it I thought all STDs and disease are dead from sitting out for awhile?
Because it is: Blood born STD's include the hepatitis B virus, that has been shown to remain potentially infectious for more than 6 months.Only a minute blood particle is needed to for transfer. Persons acquiring Heb B from a needle stick cleaning out an abandoned crack house learned the hard way.Each germ has its own limit if present in dried blood, but all body fluids should be considered a potential threat. ...Read more
I have a cut on the side of my lip can I still kiss my girlfriend I'm clean and don't have any STDs or diseases but I just want to make sure help?
How serious are hemorrhagic cysts? Are they related to an underlying disease (like STDs)? Does it require surgery?
Hemorrhagic cysts: these cysts are usually not dangerous unless they are very large or continue to grow. They are not related to STDs. They usually do not require surgery unless they cause significant pain or are very large and are growing bigger. Hope that helps you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any stds that can make your penis bleed?
- Are there any stds that can make your vagina bleed?
- Are there any home remedies that may cure chlamydia or any similar stds?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any diseases that can be misdiagnosed as endometriosis or vice versa?
- Are there any good home remedies that can prevent stds?
- Are there any other diseases that mimic ms?
- Are there intestinal diseases that can turn into septicemia?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free