Doctor insights on:
Are There Certain Types Of Cancer That Do Not Show Up On Cbc Test
Cbc: Yes, there are some abnormal features that you can see in CBC ( and peripheral blood smears) that would increase your suspicion towards certain blood cancer-for instance- circulating blast cells ( immature white blood cells) in acute leukemia, and other features that you can see in chronic leukemia- i.e. Cml, cll. You can not see any sign of solid cancer from cbc, however, . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Share on twitter bookmark & share printer-friendly version a complete blood count (CBC) test measures the following: •the number of red blood cells (rbc count) •the number of white blood cells (wbc count) •the total amount of hemoglobin in the blood •the fraction of the blood composed of ...Read more
Could you tell me if someone has thyroid cancer wouldn't the CBC blood test show that something was abnormal?
No: A normal CBC and ESR do not tell you that you don't have cancer. Cancer can present in many ways. The blood tests that you mention are, in themselves, not reliable screening tests for cancer. If you have a concern that you might have cancer, it is important to see your healthcare provider to discuss it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there symptoms of oral cancer that show up on other areas of your body?
- What are the symptoms of ovarian cancer that show up early?
- Forms of breast cancer that do not show the usual symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will cancer show up on cbc
- Does kidney cancer show up on urine test?
- Would testicular cancer show on a cbc test
- Does bowel cancer show up on a urine test?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free