Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Women Who Are More Prone To Have Endometriosis
Family History: Genetics is important. A first degree relative with endometriosis is a high risk. Endometriosis is also related to asthma and allergic conditions. Information is available at the endometriosis foundation of america, padma lakshmi (picture) is the co founder. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
An abnormal condition where some endometrial tissue, which is lining tissue of the uterus, is located outside the uterus. The displaced tissue, just like the tissue lining the uterus, bleeds during each menstrual cycle. Endometriosis can be very painful, and can result ...Read more
Fairly common: Although experts may disagree over small differences, good ballpark figures for endometriosis are as follows: about 10-15% of women in the general population, between 40-60% of women with normal male partners who seek help for infertility, and as high as 80-90% who meet the above and have chronic pelvic pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mostly women over 30: Endometriosis is usually found in women over 30. It is defined as endometrial glands outside of the uterus (ovaries are the most common site) and is thought to be caused by prolonged retrograde menstruation. It is the most common cause of female infertility and risk factors include nulliparity (no history of childbirth), family history, and low bmi. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What symptoms?: The more specific you re about what you are feeling, the better the answer we can give. Painful periods, pain with intercourse? That could be endometriosis. Irregular periods? That's not. You need a history and an exam to help you sort this out. Good wishes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Seek an expert: You need to see a physician truly expert in endometriosis, which is not synonymous with "go see your OB/GYN". The reality is that the majority of 4 year residency trained OB/GYNs do not have extensive endometriosis experience, and usually do not do effective surgery for the disease. Find a physician through The Endometriosis Foundation of America. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any factors that makes someone more prone to having meniscus injuries?
- Are some women more prone to getting vesicovaginal fistula?
- Are women more prone to breast cancer than men?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there any evidence for some people to be more prone to tendonitis than others?
- Career women developing endometriosis any
- I have hypothyroidism does that mean i will be more prone to thyroid cancer
- How many women have endometriosis?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free