Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Stretching Exercises I Can Do To Help My Ankle Arthritis
Yes: Arthritis in any joint should be exercised primarily through stretching or "range of motion" exercises. For the ankle, i encourage patients to improve their range of motion by dorsi-flexing (toes towards you) and plantar-flexing (toes pointing away from you.) additionally, making clockwise and counter-clockwise circles with your toes also helps. Remember, "motion is lotion." always keep moving! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Symptoms: Like pain while walking or placing the ankle thru range of motion, or possibly swelling to the region. There are generally 2 types of arthritis inflammatory and degenerative. So, if symptomatic you should visit the doctor who may decide to order an x-ray or possibly an MRI to figure out exactly whats wrong and to formulate a treatment plan for you.... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any exercises i can do to help with tmj?
- What are some good exercises i can do if i have broken my ankle to keep in shape?
- Can you tell me if there are exercises i can do to improve my leg claudication?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there things i can do to speed up my recovery after hernia surgery?
- My husband has a prostate infection is there anything i can do to help him
- Are there any vitamins i can take to prevent warts from growing on my feet?
- Are there exercises i can do with my cast on?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free