Doctor insights on:
Are There Any Stretching Exercises I Can Do To Help My Ankle Arthritis
Yes: Arthritis in any joint should be exercised primarily through stretching or "range of motion" exercises. For the ankle, i encourage patients to improve their range of motion by dorsi-flexing (toes towards you) and plantar-flexing (toes pointing away from you.) additionally, making clockwise and counter-clockwise circles with your toes also helps. Remember, "motion is lotion." always keep moving! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Arthritis is progressive degeneration of one or more joints. Symptoms may include joint pain, swelling, decreased motion, and stiffness. The two most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, which is associated first with articular cartilage breakdown with a component of inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis, which is a systemic autoimmune disorder that affects joint linings first and secondarily ...Read more
Compensation: Your body compensates for the ankle pain by changing where the major of force impacts the ankle joint, which leads to further joint destruction over time in the foot joints. You also have different pressure points (a change in normal pressure locations) in the ankle joint which causes further arthritis to develop within the ankle. ...Read more
Symptoms: Like pain while walking or placing the ankle thru range of motion, or possibly swelling to the region. There are generally 2 types of arthritis inflammatory and degenerative. So, if symptomatic you should visit the doctor who may decide to order an x-ray or possibly an MRI to figure out exactly whats wrong and to formulate a treatment plan for you.... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any exercises i can do to help with tmj?
- I have a shoulder replacement any exercises i can do for my chest
- Is there anything i can do if i have arthritis in my ankle?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take any supplements to help my premenstrual syndrome?
- Can i do any other exercises besides pullups with the p90x workout?
- What are some good exercises i can do if i have broken my ankle to keep in shape?
- Can particular stretching exercises help treat sciatica?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free